Awesome game! The visuals are awesome, and the paths are so interesting! Also the punching bag was super satisfying
In a dystopian future where the world has been overcome by apocalyptic cicada swarms, you have grown up in a bunker under the watchful eye of the "Administrator." At the age of 17, you have to have a chip installed which makes you a permanent resident of the bunker, or you can leave the safety of your home for life out in the wasteland.
You're not the only one who has to make a choice. Wendel is training hard to prepare to leave the bunker, while Augustine is reading up on what life outside might be like. What choice are you going to make?
See if you can get all 8 endings to the story and watch the world change depending on your choices. Your progress on the endings you have found will be saved even if you close out of the web page. You can delete your save data from the options menu.
Cicada Town was created for the IGDA DC 2021 June Game Jam with the theme of "Emergence."
Team "Reading is Believing"
- Heiden (https://heiden.itch.io/) - Art and Animation
- Nathan Hahn (https://nhahn.works) - Writing and Programming
- Saad Memon (https://saadmemon.com) - Music and Sound
Thanks to Micha from IGDA DC for organizing this game jam!
This game was created with Unity and the Fungus visual novel engine.
- Voices adapted from "Super Dialogue Audio Pack" (https://dillonbecker.itch.io/sdap) by Dillon Becker (https://dillonbecker.itch.io) licensed under CC BY 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
- Additional audio from users on Freesound and Splice: InspectorJ, richwise, blaukreux, feesfessor, valou40, Mediapaja2009, lipalearning, khenshom, simongray, away2, mjalatakon, 140084